Tips on Writing Better SEO Articles
- November 6, 2020
- Posted by: Samiksha Khanduri
- Category: resources
Simply writing content on the web is not enough, you need to focus on smart content which is SEO friendly. Now, what is SEO? To understand SEO (Search Engine Optimization), let us understand the two words – search & optimization. Now, considering the plethora of information on search engine (Google), how do we rely on that one correct information? Before finding the correct information, we need to know the correct keywords & what are these keywords? They are the words you type on Google, in order to find an answer to your question.
Now we can take up these keywords as the first effective way of writing better SEO articles. It is because of the keywords which you insert in your content that help your website appear on the top of Google search. The more optimized the keyword, the better the rank of your page on Google.
Next, we move to optimization. In the previous part, we talked about optimized keyword, which simply means, words that are most frequently used while searching on Google. So these keywords will have a rank given to them, based on how many times they were searched on Google. And when you use these optimized keywords, you automatically come on top of the search.
Moving further, now that we know the 2 basic ingredients of SEO articles, let us see below a step by step guide for writing better SEO articles.
- Research – research the main keywords being used, using SEO tools & also doing a competitor analysis of the area of your interest.
- Framework – Know how many & which keywords you would use on each page of your content. There has to be a balance, where overusing the keywords would also make your content not read-worthy. So ensure that the creativity of your content & keyword insertions go smoothly.
- Title/Headline – Ensure that the title you give to your content has to be keyword optimized as well, without which your search results would not go higher up. Make your title as generic as possible, considering the basic keywords that people use for searching on the web.
- Link Building – Giving links/backlinks to your other content pages is also a part of optimizing the content on web.
- Meta Descriptions – Once you have written your article or blog post, next thing is to write your meta description. Meta Descriptions are character limited (have word limit) descriptions about your content, which will appear right below your title on the Google search. Ensure that your meta conveys what your article is about & also leaves the reader with a sense of curiosity so that he/she clicks on the link, after it appears on his Google search.
- Analyze Rankings & Traffic – Steadily, as your search result improves & you observe a steady increase in your website traffic, ensure that you analyze that content which is working best & mark it as a benchmark to curate future content. Observe the keywords which work better for you in that particular content & follow that trend for future articles.